Student Support and Progression
National Service Scheme:
• Three units started in 1976, 1984 and 1994 and one Programme Officer for each unit.
• 100 students per unit.
• 120 hours of service per student per academic year.
• 7 days of special camp.
Youth Red Cross:
• One Unit functioning under the guidance of one Programme Officer.
• 200 student members.
• Main activities include Blood donation awareness camps, Training on Disaster Management, Fire Prevention and Rescue Services.
Red Ribbon Club:
• One Unit functioning under the guidance of one Faculty.
• Main focus is on AIDS awareness programmes.
Remedial Courses for academically weaker students:
• Remedial coaching given to SC / ST and minority students.
• Funded by the Government.
Computer Literacy Programme:
• Functioning since the academic year 2000-2001.
• Introduced by the state government.
• All Under Graduate students other than Computer Science are enrolled.
• MS – Office, Internet Concepts and other basic concepts taught.
Entry into Service:
• Coaching classes conducted for Competitive Examinations like SET, NET, TNPSC
and Bank exams.
Soft Skill Training:
• Started in the year 2013-2014.
• A faculty is in charge of the soft skill centre.
• Training given on Personality Development, Group Discussion and Interview Skills, Time Management.
Social Service League:
• Exams fees paid for one economically weaker student in each department.
• Sanitation maintenance is carried out under this cell.
• Competitions are conducted every year for the Visually-Challenged school children.
Career Guidance and Placement Cell:
• Placement Camps are organized every year by the College and by District Collector’s office.
• Career Guidance Training and seminars are conducted.